JOB

My men been out of work for 2 weeks now and needs a jon like really bad. What would be the best job to get???

sguy1983

Asked by sguy1983 at 1:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• who ever is hiring where you live would be a good place to start
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 1:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Could he make his own job? Grab a lawn mower and start going door to door?
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:18 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Maybe the unemployment office.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 1:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• One he's qualified for.
    Apply to jobs that are hiring.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I'd suggest he apply for unemployment to help stay caught up on bills. I then suggest he just start making use of the Internet and applying.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• The unemployment rate keeps going up and it is very discouraging. I do have a few suggestions, though (I do career and job search coaching).
    Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others. A profile on Linkedin is a must!
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:32 PM on Aug. 30, 2010