If you tan at a tanning salon..

...Do you tan in the bed or do you do the stand up and why? Which do you think gives you a faster tan and if you do the stand up, how long do you stay in it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I prefer the bed method. Standing up makes me feel dizzy cuz the ones I've been in rotate. If you do a bed I recommend the medium strength bed for about 12 minutes. If it's your first time tanning start out low go in for 5 mins then go back the next day for 8. Gradually build up to the full time.

Don't rush it or you'll end up burnt and can't go back for several days
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I no longer tan because I had a skin cancer removed at the age of 29, but I did tan for about 4 years. I always used the lay down beds and never the high pressure beds. I'm super fair and have to slowly work up to a tan. The stand up beds tan faster, but should not be used unless you tan easily and do not burn.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I used to go to a tanning salon before I go pregnant and I went to a bed.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• No tan...too paranoid.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• While I was in college I did an internship at a dermatologist's office, so please be careful! Like @ThrivingMom said, skin cancer is a huge risk, also tanning give your wrinkles! Try versaspa spray tan or mystic tan, the results are fast anyways! ;)
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:04 AM on Aug. 30, 2010