How do you start a fundraiser for a specific charity?

I am from a low-income family and cannot donate anything significant myself, but I would like to hold a fundraiser to support St Jude Research Hospital in my area if possible. Have any of you done this before? How do I go about getting started?

Kword

Asked by Kword at 1:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you rockContact St. Jude and let them know what you would like to do and see if they can send you a starter kit for putting together one of their fundraiser. Kudos for wanting to help out and looking for a way to do it!

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:59 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Contact a rep at the hospital. They should be able to tell you exactly how, plus it will make it all legal.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 1:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I agree with an-apple-a-day contact the rep at the hospital may be you can have a toy drive for christmas or something .They should be able to give you some tips on how to get started.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 1:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I don't know. But that's Sweet & Kind of you! Good luck.. I'm sure they must have a web site to find out!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:59 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Thanks everyone. :)
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2010