In pain, what is this? Plzz help!!

Ive been sick for 3days, but the only symptoms i have is my neck is swollen, the right side hurts soo bad, my jaw, head, my ear and my neck. What is this? I cant eat or drink it hurts too bad to swallow, and I can barely talk. Ive been takin medicine for 3days and its not getting any better, please help.

tae07

Asked by tae07 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Health

• Its a swollen lymphnode, go to the hospital! BAD infections cause that to swell up, over the counter meds wont do anything and you will just get worse. Go to the hospital now.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 1:30 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• :( reallly?? thanks so much.
    tae07

Comment by tae07 (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• ohh. and lastnight i also had a small fever.. 99.1
    tae07

Comment by tae07 (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Everyone I know going through those symptoms have been swollen lymphnodes. So like the Previous poster said it's time to go to urgent care and get some anti biotics. Good luck and hope you feel better
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• What medicine have you been taking? Have you had a fever? Any rashes, even a little? Can you see anything in the back of your throat like swelling or white? Have you had momo?

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• She is right!!! Please get off the computer and go now!!!! This is serious!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:34 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• If you don't have insurance I don't think you need to waste your money on going to urgent care or the ER. A low grade fewer and swollen lymph nodes probably doesn't need antibiotics if that's all it is. I meant mono not momo.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Have you ever had tonsillitis as a kid ever? or ever? Some of your symptoms say tonsillits but I couldn't be sure. Ear or throat infections will give you some of those symptoms as well.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I dont have any rashes of anything, ive never had mono, and ive been takin tylenol cold multisymptom and using throat sprays and throat lossenger things, I dont have any insurance, and living with my grandparents. Its up to them if i can go to the hospital and i told her what everyone has said but she isnt believeing it
    tae07

Comment by tae07 (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• "Symptoms of mono include fatigue, sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, and fever."

http://www.medicinenet.com/infectious_mononucleosis/article.htm

I have a genetic immune deficiency disease and get a lot of infections. Most people get mono only once, I've had it 3 times. What you are describing is how mono first feels. There is not much to do for mono except rest.

Don't let others scare you. Swollen lymph nodes aren't a big deal and it's not serious. You are putting yourself at risk of catching something at the ER.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:43 PM on Aug. 29, 2010