Any suggestions?

Congested 5 month old, allergies I've been using a humidifier, it helps some, but not a lot.

queen.bee

Asked by queen.bee at 1:34 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Saline nose drops and an aspirator.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:34 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• There isn't to much you can do for this if i remember correctly.

Try to use a suction on the nose to help clear out some of the congestion. A humidifer is always a good idea as well as some of those anti - congestion creams like vicks. Email your doctor see if they can give you any advice.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• saline drops ,bring the baby in the bathroom whne you take a shower ,vicks baby rub ,
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 1:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• put baby vicks into the humidifier and let it cycle some of that into the air (not too much). It'll help clear your babies sinuses.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 1:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I've sat on the bathroom floor with my baby in my lap. But first turn on the shower to the hot water, close the curtain, and let the steam rise up and permeate the bathroom. Sometimes the steam opens up the mucus membranes and allows for better breathing for a baby. If that doesn't help, ask about an over the counter medicine your pediatrician would recommend you use and the correct dosage.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2010