Is there anything I can do or take that will help to calm my nerves and balance my prego hormones?

Don't know how far along I am yet, maybe 3 months. I have yet to see a doctore.
With my last pregnancy I took PrimaCare1 prenatals, YES they were great and I tried to eat right and rest - it was a very healthy pregnancy overall- BUT throughout it, the anxiety attacks, the disturbing restlessness and the mood swings made it hard for me to keep focus on my relationship. Its my second time around and I am trying everything I can to avoid the drama (so-to-speak). HELP!!!

numommyto1

Asked by numommyto1 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try green tea,it is decaffienated. It soothes u. It has chammomile for a calming affect.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:42 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• i took a lot of bubble baths to relax...also, i got some good quality headphones and listened to my mp3 player and danced around my house. even when i didnt have the energy to do that, it still energized me and put me in a better mood. exercise is a great mood booster and stress reliever. also, if youre comfortable with it, you can have a small glass of wine or 1 beer as long as your pregnancy is healthy and you arent on any meds that might not mix well with alcohol. i did that a few times when i was just feeling overwhelmed and it helped me relax and get some good sleep. Good Luck! It WILL get better. I promise.
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Buspar is something you need a prescription for but it is great at helping ease the anxiety and it is safe for both Mother and Child.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 3:25 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• This is my third baby and I feel the same. I was told to cut out all caffeine. I stopped drinking caffeine at 4 weeks. Green tea actually has caffeine in it...but chamomile tea is a nice relaxing herbal tea or any herbal teas are good too.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 8:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2010