Hubby has facebook?

I just found out my husband has a facebook page. Know he didn't have one 2 years ago, last time I googled his name. The picture is of him & our daughter. What the fuck? If he's not hiding anything than why no picture of us as a family? I sent him a friend request saying "What the fuck is our daughter doing on the internet?" I don't have facebook & he knows how I feel about posting any pictures of our daughter on line. What do you think? & no I don't think he's cheating on me, because he works 70-80 hours a week & yes I'm positive he's @ work, not just claiming to be.

Nyx7

Asked by Nyx7 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe he didn't tell you because how you feel about your daughter being online. I don't blame you for being angry he still hid it from you and that is not ok.

I'd talk to him about it. he may be defensive though if you cuss at him and accuse him. I'd try a different approach. Maybe ask him "I thought we talked about this and agreed there would be no pictures of her online?"

He could of created an FB page so far away family or friends can see what his life is like and how your daughter is growing up.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:43 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I think you're over reacting. He's a grown man and has the right to have a FB if he want's one... Chances are he chose that picture because he likes it. Not because you aren't in it. He's proud of his child and that's a good thing... My big question is why are you checking up on him? Or Googleing him in the first place?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• that would flip me....but I like you friend request...I wonder how that would make him feel to find your photo and his baby forever posted on line~did you show him the photo search on google?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• First of all, I think you need to relax. I can understand you not wanting pictures of your daughter on the internet, but really was that response needed towards it? There's no reason he's not allowed to have a FB page. What does it matter if he has a family picture of you or just him and his daughter. Maybe he changes the picture every now and then, did you think of that? MANY people on my facebook page have pictures of just them and their kids. Not to say they don't love their spouse, but just for the simple fact they're showing of mamma and babies. Relax. This isn't a big deal at all and you're overreacting.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:52 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I don't do facebook (with purpose) but my sister does and posts family pic of me and my kids...never bothered to ask...and my high school friends are her friends so they get to see my stuff (which I am proud of, but have a confidential adoption and fly under the radar).
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:52 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Ummm just wondering but how do u send a friends request if u dont have a facebook urself???? Its kinda hard to befriend someone who doesnt have a facebook to begin with. And he prolly has it for family and close friends make the page private and then no one can see ur child on the net anyway. If its just people u approve of seeing ur child then what would the problem be??
    tiffany0317

Answer by tiffany0317 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• after finding his name I created an account to message him.
    Nyx7

Comment by Nyx7 (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Instead of attacking him that way, why not just ask him in person... He is your husband after all and you should both feel comfortable talking to each other about anything without resorting to sending an angry email.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 2:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It is HIS page so he doesnt have to have a photo of you, but yeah you might want to talk again about the pics of your dd online since you both disagree. One way to see what he is up to is join facebook. LOL
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 4:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• yeah i would flip too.... if theres nothing to hide, why didnt he tell you. hope you figure and work this thing out
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 9:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2010