bottle problems

ok has any one else had a problem with formula build up in the bottle? its in my daughter and i have to take the handle of a wooden spoon and scrape it off the sides, and it does this even though i rinse it after shes done. any tips on getting it out? the bottle brush dont do it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never had that issue with my son and his bottles. Maybe it is the type of material this particular nipple is made out of. Have you tried soaking them as soon as your done with the bottle?

I always rinsed my son's bottles out right after use so the milk / formula didn't stain or mold in the bottle. It made clean up time really easy
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• When making the furmula make sure you shake it thoroughly to liquify all of the formula. That will help reduce formula buildup before and after the bottle is finished. To help get out excess formula that dries on the sides of the bottle fill it up with hot water and set aside to soak. The hot water will help break up the excess formula on the sides making it for easy removal.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:48 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I always filled the bottle half then added the formula and the rest of the water. If i didnt i had a problem with formula building up.
    tiffany0317

Answer by tiffany0317 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I never had that issue. I always put the water in first and then the formula. If it keeps happening you may need new bottles?
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:58 PM on Aug. 29, 2010