so for all of you that jumped on Becks band wagon and call president Obama a racist

Do you take it back too?

Fox News host Glenn Beck said Sunday that he misspoke last year when he characterized President Obama as a racist.

"I have a big fat mouth sometimes and I say things," Beck said during an interview with Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace.

Beck last year accused the president of possessing a "deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture," during an appearance on Fox News, adding, "this guy is, I believe, a racist."

But this Sunday, when Wallace asked Beck if he regretted making those comments, Beck responded: "Of course I do."

"I don't want to retract… I want to amend that I think it is much more of a theological question," Beck said. "He is a guy who understands the world through liberation theology -- which is oppressor and victim. Racist was, first of all, shouldn't have been said. It was poorly said." After referencing his "big fat mouth,"

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 1:53 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/29/tv-soundoff-sunday-talkin_16_n_698273.html
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I didn't know Beck called him a racist. I know more about Beck just by tooling around PC & E than ever watching his show. I don't care if he thinks BO is a racist/called him a racist/retracted his statement.

The simple fact is that Obama IS a racist. All you have to do is read his book "Dreams from My Father" to see it. If that isn't enough for you, consider how he has spoken of his grandmother..and then there was the "cop behaved stupidly" thing. There is tons of stuff if anyone bothers to get off their BO worshipping knees and open their eyes.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• "I don't want to retract… I want to amend that I think it is much more of a theological question," Beck said. "He is a guy who understands the world through liberation theology -- which is oppressor and victim.

***
    But you see, THIS part of Beck's "retraction" IS accurate! So, Beck retracts a WORD, big deal! The sentiment was accurate. Besides, like Jesse said, who cares what Beck says...he does not speak for every conservative leaning person out there!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• This is why I was wanting you guys to watch the restoring honor... to restore honor one of the things done is to take responsibilty for your own words and choose to change how you speak. Of course most people arent forgiving... sad but true.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Well, I didn't call PBO a racist, so I don't have anything to take back. Beck retracted. It was his statement to stand by or retract and his alone. Most people I know don't agree with everything anyone says 100%. They also aren't held accountable for the statements of others just because they may agree in substance with someone. Beck's a big boy. He will take whatever comes. I see it as practing what he was talking about yesterday which was be honest even when it causes you some pain. This will cause him some pain, but it is his pain to endure. (I know you didn't know he discussed honesty and honor yesterday as you weren't there.)

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Oh, my opinion of PBO favoring one race over another is PBO's own words and actions and not something anyone else says. And no, I didn't say he is racist - I said he favors..............quote me accurately and completely.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Race Baiting Question Number 2,456
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I never heard this myself, but I think people have other reasons to believe he is racist or prejudice.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I wasn't on any band wagon, Beck's or anyone else's, my reasons for disliking Obama are my own.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Now that he put that HATE SPEECH out there, it has taken root...and now its a MY BAD,.......

Why do we need Glen Beck to tell us he is a racist? The church he attended for twenty years and his book and many of his actions are all we need.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:53 PM on Aug. 29, 2010