Hurricane Earl.

I am beyond scared that my dd and my sil are going to be in the direct path of Hurricane Earl. They say they are as prepared as they can be. They also cannot leave because they are the first responders after Earl blows over. I have the webcam up and I am watching the gusty winds and the boats bobbing at the pier. Say a prayer for my dd and sil and one for me that I can not worry myself sick. Thank you.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 1:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Travel

• Where is Earl at now? What direction is it heading?
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:06 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• http://www.gotostcroix.com/live/harborcam.php

Cat 2 going to Cat 3 projected to hit St Croix, where my baby girl lives is only putting out information that sustained winds are going to be a minimum of 73 mph and GREATER for at least the next 24 to 48 hours. My dd and sil are first responders, so they cannot evacuate and they are very busy now evacuating all of those who need to be. The last message from her was yesterday afternoon was that she and her hubby were loading everyone who needed to be evacuated aboard ships, yachts and any airplane that could take off.  Earl will then go up theh East coast of the US.

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Aug. 30, 2010