What should I do about my really labor intensive job while pregnant?

I work as a broil cook at a popular chain restaurant. I have always been good at my job, but lately I feel like either my health suffers for work or my job suffers so I can take care of my health. I am 3 months pregnant.
I have two other kids, and those pregnancies were relatively complication free, except both my kids came early (my oldest by a month, my youngest by nearly 2 months) For my first two pregnancies (almost 6 years ago) I was in school and then on "light duty" because of an accident I was in. I never had morning sickness or any other negative symptoms associated with my pregnancies.
But with this pregnancy I've been sick and tired and I feel like I'm flagging at work. I work for 6-10 hours at a time, on my feet over a 700-900 degree broiler with all the associated side effects (smoke and stress) All I read about is working with a desk job etc. Does anyone know about working a high impact job while pregnant?

chastityrose

Asked by chastityrose at 2:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've had to stop early with all three because of complications due to the restaurant industry.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I used to work two jobs and went to school full time with my last pregnancy. One job was a desk job (full time) and my part time job was a grooming salon. I had a high risk pregnancy .. and drinking water made me throw up. Being a groomer was very stressful and very busy (since I worked weekends). I made it two days passed my due date. I asked my doctor about working at the grooming salon and she said she wasn't worried about it but if I felt overwhelmed then I needed to stop. You know how much you can handle. Talk to your doctor about it and see what they say.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 2:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• She is right,get a doctors note and they can't go against a doctors note,what about light duty what other jobs in there can u do that r light duty??
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:18 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• U can also take family leave and your job will be there for u when u come back. It is law,they have to give it to u.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2010