Is my son's penis normal?

My son is a big boy, hes 9 months and weighs 24 lbs. he has rolls everywhere. everyone calls him the michelin baby. anyways, his penis seems to have a roll too, the doctor said its called "buried penis". when i give him a bath i have to push the sides so that it comes out, but it always goes right back in when he moves. the doctor doesnt seem worried but will it be normal when hes older?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is he circumcised? if he is they may have missed some of the foreskin.

then again, when he hits puberty and it grows, I'm pretty sure it'll even out :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 5:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• yeah, if he's circumcised, then you're supposed to pull the skin back like that.
    Anonymous

• yes he is circumsized, but hes pretty chunky too! but it looks small compared to the other male babies ive seen, maybe they just dont have a roll there, idk?
    Anonymous

• My son Jeremiah is the SAME way. He is circ' but I feel like they either did it wrong or didn't do it enough. It always looks like he has a turtle penis.. (You know, the head hiding in the shell, lol) I can't even get it to really come out in the bathtub to wash it without laying him on his back. I hope he will grow into it because my oldest son is 6 and that damn thing looks like the lochness monster. I get so embarrassed when I get him into the bath. He'll be caught up to his daddys size by the time he's 12, and trust me, that's a good size ! lol
    TexasStyle

Answer by TexasStyle at 5:45 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• He's a really chubby baby. He just has a good thick layer of fat on his pubic bone. As he grows and slims down everything will appear as it should. Hehe my girlfriend's baby was really chubby too and his little winky was always buried too. He is walking now and it looks like it should.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I would watch it. There are some medical problems that involve penises (penii? lol) that are "buried" and can lead to some serious health issues in the future. Micropenis is what came to mind when I read this... but since he's only 9 months old and really chunky, I'd wait until he starts getting mobile and the rolls "disappear" in a sense. If then his penis still doesn't look right to you, and it worries you, I'd talk to your doc again. If he says it's normal, get a second opinion just to make sure. Good luck!
    punkmama27

Answer by punkmama27 at 5:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• "A concealed penis is a normal-sized penis that lays hidden in the pubic fat pad. This condition is also called buried penis or hidden penis. Often the penis can be easily exposed by gently pulling on it or by pressing down on the surrounding fat pad."
    http://www.drgreene.com/21_1125.html

It's okay. Just a little baby chubbiness.
    lilmami81

Answer by lilmami81 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• yeah, texas style, thats about how i feel too, i even call it a turtle.im hoping it will get to his dads size too!!!
    Anonymous

• Well its normal,

Some Baby Boys are just like that,
    It can go away after awhile,
    Sometimes it stays like that forever...No harm done,
    Anonymous

• Does it look like a little turtle head?...lol As long as he has alittle fat on him it will be buried but eventually he will grow out of it as he thins out. Don't worry too much he will be fine.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2008