Have you ever gotten a sunburn while spending the day in your car?

We drove across the country a couple weeks ago and I didn't even think to put sunblock on since we were in the car all day long. It was during that horrible heat wave in the midwest (it was in the upper 90s the whole time we were driving through MO and NE). I ended up with a horrible sunburn on my face, arms and neck. It's starting to peel now and driving me nuts.
Sunblock for driving just never crossed my mind. My husband got burnt, too but he was wearing shorts and got a section of his leg below his shorts and above his knee that was bright red and his left arm.

justanotherjen

Asked by justanotherjen at 2:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yeah. I drove to Fl from Ky a couple years ago. Didn't think to put sunscreen on. It was winter time! Luckily my girl was wearing long sleeves and pants and was in the middle of the car. I got burned on my right arm and right side of my face, my husband did on his left. We looked pretty odd! Luckily it wasn't bad or peeling, we just had a really uneven skin color for a few days.
    Now, if I'm going to be in the car for a while, I'm putting on sunscreen!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yeah.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 2:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yes.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 2:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• No, we drove from Fl. to Ohio
    I also made a trip from Fl to AZ
    I am sure it's possible though
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 2:30 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I was surprised how tan I got driving down to LA one year for a party....the pictures came out so good and I couldn't figure out how I got so dark....must have been the drive~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:31 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yep. KY to Ohio and my whole arm was red!
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• well not my whole body like you said. but after hs graduation me and a friend of mine went cross country and i got a slight burn on my left arm because i had the window down most of the time i was driving.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• All the time
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Sure have, we drove from Oklahoma to Georgia and the whole right side of me was burned.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2010