Do you knock other people's beliefs if it involves magic?

Like the Haitians believe in magic. They "practice santeria" and such. Do you think it's silly or do you accept it for what it is to them?

I honestly think it's interesting. Kinda crazy at times but interesting non-the-less.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I would never knock another's belief. I'm a "find your own path/way" kind of person. So if that's what works for them, so be it. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I'm a Pagan Witch... If I didn't believe in Magick I would be really lost!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• No, and it makes more sense to me than any sort of prayer. The human mind may have some sort of ability to affect the world around us. We have yet to discover everything the brain is capable of. It's more plausible than the idea of some supernatural creature deciding to intervene on anyone's behalf.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I think 'magic' comes from within, so I don't agree with them thinking it's coming from a God/Goddess, but I don't mock their belief that magic exists.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• nope,no knocking

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Hmmm... I can't imagine my world without Majick!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:02 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I'd be a hypocrite if I did because I'm a practicing witch. Ditto what WoodWitch said :)
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• No, I've always found it very interesting and would love to learn more. As far as I know there aren't any groups in my area that practice those beliefs.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:31 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Nope. If I did, then I would have to knock my self. Because Im a strong believer of the Wiccan faith....
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 3:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Well, honestly i don't knock anybodies believes because i have mine too. I was raised Christian and a lot of that leaves many doors open for being judgmental as many Christians are, but i always think as long as it does not involve human sacrifice or murder and violence of any kind they can do and believe in what ever they want to.
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 3:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2010