What do you do...your remedy??

When you are in the itchy belly stage? This is my 3rd baby and I think I am the itchiest with this one...AGH! I bought the St. Ives collagen elastin lotion, Yes to Tomatoes for very dry skin, Palmers stretch mark lotion, and Vasoline cocoa butter oil gel with brazilian nut and almond oils...
BUT I STILL ITCH!! AGH!!!

AnasMommy7

Asked by AnasMommy7 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• All I can say is GOOD LUCK! I am at the same point you are, I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing is helping! I've actually scratched to the point of bleeding more than once. I never had this issue with my other kids, but with this one, it's totally different...

Cold showers, LOTS of moisturizer, Lanolin - And pray.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:38 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I got a rag wet, put it in the freezer for about half an hour then rubbed it on my belly. The cold kept the itch away for a long time.
    Good luck!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Could it be the kind of soap you are using to wash with that is making it a littl emore dry and adding to the itchiness? Maybe try getting a more gentle mositurising bar of soap or body wash.
    And when you have time, lay on the sofa or in bed with your shirt pulled up..load your belly up with the best lotion you've got, rub it around but don't rub it in right away. Take a nap and when you wake up rub the rest in. Do it a few times a day if you have to.
    Hope this helps!!!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:57 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Bio Oil works great. I purchase it through Amazon.com with no taxes or shipping added for the 2oz. bottle. A little goes a long way. I apply everywhere i.e. to my tummy, breasts, hips, thighs and even my face.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 5:48 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• hahahaha, this stage worried me! I thought I was goin nuts or gettin a bad rash! Okay, soak in a warm (NOT HOT!) bath, and use salt scrub (or sugar scrub). After, put on shea butter, (or at the time I used Cocoa Butter - works the same way). Pat dry, don't rub!
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 7:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2010