Does anyone have a good chicken and rice recipe?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 2:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I like to make chicken in the crock pot. Take 2-4 chicken breasts and some 2 cans of either cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup, about a cup of sour cream and fill one of the soup cans with water and add that. Then add two packets of that Itailan dry mix stuff that is used to make salad dressing. Cook for about two hours or so in the crock pot and make some rice on the stove when the chicken is almost done.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 2:59 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• brown chicken in a skillet, then add 1 to 2 cans of cream of chicken. i serve it with white or brown rice and usually a salad or other veggie.
    kh717

Answer by kh717 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• forgot to tell you to add milk to the cream of chicken to get it to a consistency that you like.
    kh717

Answer by kh717 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Chicken of any type, can be simple like chicken nuggets and then Rice a Roni's Rice Pilaf. I put the rice right on top of the chicken on my plate and eat it together. Kids put the items separate for some reason!
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• You need pre-cooked chicken or turkey for this (canned, rotisserie, roasted, whatever you prefer). In a 9x13 pan, mix 2 cans cream of whatever soup, 2 soup cans of milk, and 2 soup cans of rice. On top of that put a layer of chopped chicken - some will sink into the rice but it'll be fine. On top of that spread a 2lb bag of frozen california mixed veggies. Then is an optional layer of cheese - I use shredded cheddar, MIL uses american slices. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for at least an hour. Uncover, stick a spoon in the middle to check if the rice is done, if it's not done cover & bake longer, if it is leave uncovered and bake til cheese is bubbly. When MIL makes this for Sunday dinner 1 pan isn't enough!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 5:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• For a chicken casserole, combine chicken and rice, one can of cream of chicken soup, a half a can of mild, a half a cup of mayo, and a cup of diced celery. My mother like the water chestnuts in the recipe, but I don't really care for them. So I use a little more celery. Combine all of this and top with cheese. Bake at 325 for 35 min.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:11 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I mix everything together and pop it in the oven. Add brocoli.. Yumyum.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:09 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• we bake chicken in the oven, mixed with a creame soup and rice...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:52 PM on Aug. 30, 2010