How much is too much? Flagged for Language!! adult content

I am going to be in a close friends wedding coming up pretty soon, as the maid of honer and I feel Im being used. I have been in charge of most of the planning and getting stuff ready, I am called 10-15 times a day by the bride to be and to ice the cake I specificly told her that that any dress was fine but I felt very very uncomforatable in strapless, I am quite a bit over weight and for those of you who know, overweight girls, and Ive had 3 kids too, so my boobs sag really bad and strapless bras seem to just silde right down on me and my boobs still sag, so anyways I told her I really didnt want to wear strapless and she acts like she dont even hear me talking when I told her that many times, all she would say is we can tape your boobs up. I DONT WANT MY FUCKING BOOBS TAPED UP AND I DONT WANT TO WEAR A DAMNED STRAPLESS DRESS!!!!! So I think Im going to get my mother to sew some sort of straps on the dress for me,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• ok then.....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• And then just tell my friend, sorry I told you I didnt want strapless! I know its her wedding but JEEZ! you cant just treat people like their feelings and thoughts dont matter!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I am almost ready to tell her to just find another MOH
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Bridezilla!!!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• If you have told her a few times and she didnt listen I would just put straps on the dress and if she said anything to you I would just say look I am doing a lot of stuff for you and the least you can do is let me put straps on this dress
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 2:53 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Wow! Sorry for that :-(
    You could try a bra that comes with and without straps. A lot have the clear straps, or the kind that hooks and goes around the neck. I wore that with my sister's wedding. The dresses weren't strapless, but may as well have been since the straps were thin as a thread. I got a bra to match the dress (black) that had the convertible straps. I hooked one on the left side, put it around my neck, and hooked it on the right side. With the dress on, it looked like it was part of the dress. And I'm a big girl too, it was something like a 38D or DD.
    If you don't want to do that, I'd give her the option of letting you sew straps on it or finding someone else to wear it. I know it's her day and all, but sometimes a bride goes too far.
    Good luck!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Wow, that was a rude move on her part.
    Maybe she's just so crazy right now she's not even thinking clearing ( I hope this is the case).
    I would tell he rone more time, tell her that you plan on having your mom sew in some straps for you. And if she chooses to still ignore you or pretend she don't hear you...so what..do it anyway.
    You should feel comfortable too..its not like you just don't like the color of the dress or something.
    Good Luck...hope your friend comes back to normal after the wedding...she must have been a good friend at SOME point because youre doing all this for her, LOL.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Okay, this is HER wedding. If she wants her maid of honor and bridesmaids in strapless dresses, that is her choice. Perhaps this is something she's always envisioned...standing there in white with her bridesmaids in strapless dresses. Perhaps all the others are saying they don't want straps. I personally think you are being a bit selfish. If you aren't up for the responsibility, then maybe you should just tell her you don't want to support her and be in her wedding because you don't like the clothes.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It sounds like she's dumping way more on you than necessary. Also, I've seen a lot of weddings where the MOA wore a dress slightly different than the others so if you have straps and they don't, big deal. Good luck and hopefully the wedding is over soon.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yeah do what you can. But you need to be more assertive about what you are comfortable with (doing) and what you're not. Like if she tells you here is the dress, Don't take it- say, no lets keep looking, here is one the same color I can wear because it has straps or whatever. If she says will you do something, say yes if you will, and say NO if you don't think it is best.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 4:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2010