Chapped Lips?

So I have never ever had chapped lips or needed to use chap stick.... but the past months my lips have been so chapped... the bottom lip have a hard piece of peeled skin on it *ew*

I have been putting chap stick on religiously and still not working... HELP!

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 2:43 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Health

• try vaseline

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I swear by the Burts Bees Pomegranite Oil Lip Balm!!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I always use chap stik that's medicated. My lips got so bad for a few days I put neosporin on them and they cleared up, ok'd by the Dr.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Chapstick is a quick relief before they get to the state your lips are in. You're going to need to go with something that has more moisture to it like Vasaline. Also, look into getting a humidier for the home and drink more water. Lack of moisture in the air and in your body can easily cause dry lips.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:05 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Drink more water and do not use a medicated chap stick.... the "medication" they put in there is full of alchohol, you put it on, the greasy part of the balm quickly wears off and your are left with a film of alchohol that dries them out even more. I used to have chapped lips all.of.the.time. I threw out all my crap and just stuck with the plain black chap stick and it worked like a charm. I was the person that had 2 lip balms in my purse, 3 in the car, 2 in my desk office, 1 in my make up bin at home and 4 in my junk drawer...all different kinds, tubs, tubes, squeezy things....I would not leave the house without making sure I had something with me. I was a lip balm junkie, lol. I switched to plain black chap stick and fast forward 4 years and I can't remember the last time I used anything on my lips. I don't even know if we have any more in the house.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I swear by Rosebud Salve, but it's pretty hard to find from what I understand. I agree with everyone else about staying hydrated and maybe using vaseline or an ointment like Neosporin.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I really like Burts Bees replenishing lip balm with pomegranate oil-- it is 'soothing, nourishing, hydrating' (says the label).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• good luck
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:31 AM on Sep. 1, 2010