How much should I bill my uncle

My uncle finally left my house after living here for over a year. He never ghave me any money and I had to care for him. Make sure ate bathe and wore clean clothes. He was only getting 60 dollars a week for disability and as much as I tried he would always find ways to buy alcohol. Well today some guy came and got him and said he was going to a better place. (yes I am poor and live in the ghetto) He tells me my uncle has $8000 in his check account and that I should just write out a receipt for how much my uncle owes me.
So how much should it be for utilities, food and supervision. I am so glad he is gone but think its BS these people knew how much money he had but didn't care to tell anyone until after he leaves.

conweis

Asked by conweis at 2:44 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'd say around $3600

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I am a bit confused. Why does some random guy come pick up your uncle and he knows how much he has in his account. Also, did you not discuss payment before your uncle moved in? If not, then you can't charge him now for it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:59 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• "...did you not discuss payment before your uncle moved in? If not, then you can't charge him now for it."

Agreed.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:25 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• it's not that simple. You will need to be able to back this up should they ask. I'm assuming social services came and got him, in which case they thought there was some neglect.

So I would simply add up how many people live in the house, and divide that by the total amount of bills for the year... so say you had six people living there and your bills were 2,000 a month... you would say four thousand dollars for room and board.

You are not owed money for care.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:44 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• figure out a fair monthly fee for what you did and what he got and multiply by the months he was there. Off the top of my head I would say 3-500 a month depending....
    the.real.me

Answer by the.real.me at 3:52 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Do you really think your uncle is going to pay you? You never made him when he lived with you, so I wouldn't count on getting a dime out of him.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2010