What percentage of teenagers talk to their parent(s) unclearly, on purpose? (I often have to ask her to repeat something, or ask "Did you say 'such and such'?"

My daughter is 15; of course she prefers to be pretty private about everything...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• The only clear subject is money
    nineteen

Answer by nineteen at 3:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I do not think you are alone. Lots of teenagers want to keep every little detail of their lives from their parents. I think it's a normal teen behavior. Keep asking questions till they give you the answer you can understand
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Teenager 101 classes teaches them to be vague and/or unclear. I think they get Playstation points for it! Semantics are something they learn quickly as well. Learn to be specific in directions and follow through with instructions. Teens are to be supervised as much as small children imho! When speaking to her make sure to cover all bases if she seems unclear. Have her set deadlines. I'm going to make my bed TODAY. I will call you when I get to Sue's directly after school TODAY. Funny how they work excuses around omission of words!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2008