What would Jesus do?

Would he say;

"give them health care"
"Islam worships my father, so leave them alone"
"No death penalty"
"No war"
"let the immigrants in"
"help the people of Pakistan even though you consider them your enemies"
"help the people in need if you are able to"

If Jesus were alive today, do you really think he would be against Muslims building a mosque near Ground Zero, do you think he would not want to help the poor & needy, do you think he would only want healthcare for those who could afford it, do you think Jesus would want to keep immigrants out of America, do you think Jesus would be for the death penalty?

What are your thoughts? People always say "what would Jesus do"...Well....what do you really think he'd do? Do you think Jesus would think like a Conservative or a Liberal? Do you think he'd protest for gun rights, or non-violence?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• And..... that's why we refuse to be members of a church. We feel Jesus would be disgusted with the religion based on him looks like now.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 2:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Jesusi s alive today he is just no longer on this Earth.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 2:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Of couse I don't think he would have been to thrilled about the crusades either... More blood has been shed in the name of Christianty than any other religion.... which is really sad. Definitely not what Jesus would have advised us if he had been walking among us during those times and now.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 3:01 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My Jesus loves and embraces all, does not discriminate or judge and is able to forgive those who sin (which is all humans per the teachings of my faith). The message that I hear is to love thy neighbor, which IMO includes everyone, not just those who share my POV. My Jesus is perfect, so I believe the message even if I have trouble, at times, following his lead. It's part of life to stumble and fall, but having an open mind and heart and being willing to admit when you've done wrong is part of the journey to eternal salvation. The same concepts apply to everyone, IMO.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:01 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Jesus was never alive, so he didn't do anything in the past and wouldn't do anything now. That's the problem- people need to stop basing their decisions on myths and start actually caring about their fellow man. Religion has replaced human nature and perhaps that's why the world is so screwed up.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• According to the scripture he is alive forever more and is seated at the right hand of the father. Read the bible then u would know. Listen to t.v. preachers that u tune out or go to church!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Separation of church and state... You don't get to apply "what would Jesus do" in bits that you agree with.

As far as letting the immigrants in...He'd go for it, legally. He told people to follow the laws of the land.
    He expected charity from his followers, he didn't expect the government to legislate it into action.

You don't get to force my religion onto the rest of the world. I don't want the rest of the world's religion being forced on to me.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• ONLY JESUS SAVES!!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

Thats a good way to dodge the question.

I think he would tell everyone to stop putting words in his mouth and let him speak for himself on such matters.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Jesus was a wise man, in my opinion. But we do not know what he would do today. It is all mythology and not applicable .....
    We need to work on our issues ourselves and use kindness,not prejudice,when making decisions and forming opinions.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2010