How much money are you willing to spend on clothes?

I need tennis shoes and I'd like to get GOOD tennis shoes not some cheap piece of crap, but I really don't want to spend a hundred freaking dollars on a pair of shoes that only cost ten cents to make. But then again I don't want some piece of crap that's gonna fall apart in the rain. Any ideas? And how much are you willing to spend on clothes?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 2:52 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Shopping

• Personally I dont buy many thing new, but shoes are almost always one of them, but I try to keep it at about 30 for myself. My husband normally spends about 100 on work boots every year or two, and I try to keep him under sixty for his tennis shoes. We go to the nike outlet or a reebok for most of our tennis shoes. All other clothing for myself are goodwill or clearance rack finds.
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• With clothes, I just buy whatever I like. I never worry about brand names or stuff like that because it doesn't matter to me. I don't think I have bought anything brand name in years, or if I have, I haven't paid attention to it. I do spend a lot on shoes though. I once tore a tendon in my foot because of crappy shoes that had worn out, so I know how important it is to wear good shoes. I spend maybe $130 on sneakers and $50-$60 on sandals or flip flops. They have to feel good or I won't wear them.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:57 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I bought a pair of New Balance five years ago and got a deal at Sears because they were B1G1F, so when I bought my son his new shoes for school, I got the New Balance. They were great shoes, I logged a ton of miles on those babies... I walked 5 miles a day, 5 months a year for like 3 years before having to retire them!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 2:58 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I buy converse usually, except for this last time when I bought Airwalks. Which are a knock-off style of Converse. I purchased my Airwalks (I think is the brand anyhow) for 20 dollars. Converse usually runs between 30-60 dollars depending on where you buy them. Now, the sneaker you purchase isn't any better quality due to price, but how it is made. The quality really does depend on the brand of shoe that you buy. Again, it does not matter how much the shoe is, because some shoes that sell for 60+ aren't that well made. You have to do your research on the brands before you go shopping and test them out in the store.

Walmart, Kmart, Target, Meijer, Khols all see well made shoes for a low price.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:01 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I pretty much only shop clearance for clothes. Not because I cant afford retail, I just absolutel hate spending a lot on clothes. Id rather have a nicer car, phone, etc. But I do splurge on shoes and underwear, the stuff I wear most often. So basically, I consider how often I will wear it to determine what I will spend. I have one pair of tennis shoes that were $100 and another that were $30
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I dont worry about name brand clothes, but I will admit when i finally have the need to buy tennis shoes, I get nike, they seem to last me the longest, ( I tried NB, ect) & for me I dont wear my tennis shoes alot, but other brands I can wear them for a few months & fall apart My last Nike's were bought two years ago, I only wear them in the winter & they have lasted me two years & are still in great shape.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 3:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Last time I bought tennis shoes for myself was 4 years ago and I just finally need new ones. They were $100 for Nike Shox, lol. They lasted me 4 years.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I buy one pair of shox a year that are my primary shoes I wear in the salon. I have logged a lot of hours standing behind hte chair to not take good care of my feet. But I just don't go lay down $120. I look for ecoupons, sales, online deals, etc... I will often go try on locally, find a pair a like and then buy them online at a much better price. If you have an office job or are a SAHM, you probably don't need to spend a ton on your shoes. But if you are in an occupation that has you on your feet, its really important you are in the right shoe and replace them regularly since they will become compressed and not protect your joints like they should.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 3:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I only wear Nike as my primary shoe because you get what you pay for. While you pay have to pay out $100 right out, they last for years. Whereas you go to walmart and buy a $20-30 pair of shoes they dont really last so you're having to buy new ones sooner and in the end you come out cheaper just buying a good brand right off.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 3:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I get that AngeL but I don't have the money for a hundred dollar shoes. But I want GOOD shoes. Yeah I know confusing right?
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2010