Anyone use magic eraser on stainless steel??

I recently purchased a delta stainless steel faucet for my kitchen and can't seem to remove the water spots (we have well with softener). I 'm using a polish that works great but doesn't remove the spots. I was wondering if I could use a magic eraser on it. Has anyone??

momofne

Asked by momofne at 3:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I don't know about water spots, but I used them to clean the sink when we moved in (it was pretty nasty) and it worked great.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• OMG NO! Do Not Use it... Use a little vinegar to get it off. This is why you don't want to use the Eraser...

Magic Eraser is not majickal...

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Don't get me wrong.... we all love the bald guy's little squishy sponge...but you need to know what it is made of, how it works, and how to use it properly so that you won't ruin the surface of things....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Thats what I was afraid of!!
    momofne

Comment by momofne (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I used to use them on the stainless steal tables at work all the time. People would doodle with markers, and once a girl got mad at her boyfriend and wrote on it in really big letters something I'd rather not repeat (and I cuss a LOT!). It worked on that and didn't leave any spots. Not sure about water spots though.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yeah, I wouldn't want you to scratch the shiny surface. On a brushed stainless sink or table that is a different story, but a mirror finish could be damaged by them.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• it will scratch your faucet. Use a vinegar solution on the spots.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I have used a magic eraser gently in a circular motion on stainless stinks and it does not scratch it. I have used them many times even on chrome to remove water spots with no problems at all.
    flcouple7577

Answer by flcouple7577 at 12:18 AM on Aug. 30, 2010