MIL PREGO!

ok my husband and i have a 3 1/2 month old, well his mom has a 28,25,21,19,and a 1 year oLd and ir PREGO AGAIN!!!!well her due date is 1 week before my DD FIRST bday! well my mom isnt involoved in my DD life so my husbands mom is the only one grandarent wise thats inolved!! so she doesnt spend alot of time with DD now bc she has a 1 year old and im worried its going to get worse when the new bab arives! how do i get over this, i feel sooo angry at her! my DD isnt going to get alot of attention now bc of the new baby!

christina10140

Asked by christina10140 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You're angry that she's having another child? Why not be happy that your daughter will have another playmate instead of thinking that your mother in law's reproductive life revolves around you?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• There are a lot of women who are still having Children when their Grandchidlren are born. While I understand that you are worried about your Daugther not getting attention from her GrandMother, couldn't you embrace this? It seems to me that it would be a great way to get closer to your MIL because you have children who will be so close. You can do playdates with the kids and switch out babysitting days. It seems to me that it would be great for your Little Girl to have family to grow up with.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 3:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Not trying to be rude but are you jealous.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 3:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I'm sorry, I don't understand why it bothers you. Much less invokes anger.

Naturallly her own children will have the bulk of her attention and time. Especially small children..Now I know it's ^ nice^ to have grandparents involved in our children's lives, but it's not a requirement. Many children grow up without grandparents being overally involved in their lives. My son was one, one set lives halfway across the country, the other set lives out of the country.

Your MIL paying more attention and being involved with her small child more than she is yours, is perfectly normal and is to be expected.

Could it be possible. Just a thought. That you are more angry that she is due at the same time as your daughter's 1st b-day. That you anger may becoming from the idea of attention going to her instead.

You experienced joy when your child was born I assume.. Why be angry at your MIL for experiencing that same joy.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• really, your upset over that. Seems kind of selfish to me. You should give your child all the attention she needs and not get upset that your MIL is giving attention to her own child.

renijazzysmom

Answer by renijazzysmom at 3:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Her baby has nothing to do with you. She could just as easily argue that your little girl took away your husbands's attention from his sibling. I'd say, for the happiness of everyone, get over it. Your daughter will have fun at family gatherings playing with aunts and uncles.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 3:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Wow, sorry to be blunt, but it seems to me like you are being a bit selfish. Your MIL has her own life and if she is happy having another baby that is what matters.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:58 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Sorry, but I think that you sound selfish. Your mil decision to have another baby, not have another baby, has nothing to do with you. You dont have to financially support the baby, raise it or take care of it. If she chooses to spend less time with your child, that then is up to her. I am sure that if she really is a loving grandparent, she will spend as much time as possible with bother her grandchildren and her children.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 3:58 PM on Aug. 29, 2010