anyone happy with windows 7 starter?

i got a acer netbook today for my online classes, for the most part i love it except i cant change the background, come to find out that i need to upgrade windows 7 in order to do that. if i would of known i had to add software to personalize it and have to get Microsoft works extra, i would spent a 100 more and got a lap top with windows xp and works already on it. i had asked people who already had netbooks if i would be sufficient for what i needed it for, writing papers and music, they said yes. i didnt think to ask about personalizing it, i had assumed that all computers had the option of changing the background with personal pics.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Are you sure you can use a netbook for your courses? How are you going to write papers without Works? I assume it didn't come with Office. I can't imagine doing it in wordpad. My sister took her cheap little netbook and dumped Microsoft and installed Linux. That little thing could do all kinds of things after that. I can't believe you can't right click and save a new picture as your background.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2010