Cooking Club of America?

I received a package in the mail today saying I was 'nominated' to be in this cooking club. You can test cooking items, send back a survey on it and keep it. Has anyone else done this? It says to send no money, they will bill, and it's only $1 a month. But, how do they bill? Do they bill you for like 3 years at a time or something? (it doesn't say). It sounds neat, but I don't want to have to pay a lot of money for it.

rosiecotton

Asked by rosiecotton at 6:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Food & Drink

• nooo. bu I would like more info on this too!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 6:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I got one a long time ago but never did it. I would like to know if they actually send you stuff to test.
    discoverytoygal

Answer by discoverytoygal at 6:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I did it and cancelled after 6 months because they rarely send out anything other than cookbooks that you have to buy. All the talk about testing items...those happen but few and far between, and in the meantime they're like Columbia, you know...when they did the 12 CD's for a dollar and then they spend the rest of your life pressuring you to buy more? I got mail from them almost every day with high pressure sales pitches for everything from magazines to cookbooks to gadgets. I still have some of the cookbooks, which aren't bad, but it isn't worth the hassle.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 6:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• You pay for a year at a time, but as jespeach says, you don't get stuff to test very often, and there's not much else that's good about it. They have recipes, but honestly, most of them require stuff that I'm not going to spend the money on, or require so much time that I just don't do it. I got a trial membership, and never bothered to pay for the year b/c I just wasn't impressed.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I've paid for a Lifetime Membership, and I received a full set of stainless steel pots and pans, silicone bakeware, kitchen utensils, and a chef's knife so far. I got into a little trouble with them with some books they sent me that I forgot to pay for, I lost the bills when we moved, so I haven't received any test things in awhile, but I got all that cleared up and they said it wasn't a big deal because they were only a couple months late, and the test items would start up again in about 3 mo. I also get a free magazine, and discounts on things. It was kind of expensive, but I don't have to pay anything again for the rest of my life, and I'm only 23, and as I test more small things, over the years they'll start sending better things. But that's just my experience with them!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Thanks for all the responses!! I think right now I won't do it by most of the responses I've read.
    rosiecotton

Answer by rosiecotton at 8:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• how much was lifetime membership?
    discoverytoygal

Answer by discoverytoygal at 11:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2008