What's you kids' curfew? How old are they?

My neighbors' daughter is 14 and she is allowed out until midnight on school nights and 1am for Fridays and Saturdays.
Now I have a 5yo so I'm not a teenager's mom yet, but that seems crazy to me.. I think her curfew is going to be at around 9pm at 14..

mygirlpaige

Asked by mygirlpaige at 3:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• No curfews yet, the kids are 4 & 6, but it would not be 12 at age 14. Maybe age 16, on a weekend.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Well, like you I don't have teens at the moment, my oldest is 4. But we don't believe in curfews. Once our kids are old enough to be out n about they will have cell phones and will be required to keep us apprised of where they are and who they are with. But as long as they aren't giving us hassle about getting up for things like school or work, and they aren't giving us issues about chores and whatnot, they can be out when they want... However, local curfew is 10pm, so where ever they are they have to be at someone's home or they risk a fine - WHICH THEY WILL PAY! We see no reason to limit their freedom unless they have proven unworthy of it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:40 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My son is 4 and his curfew is 9 pm. But that's only bc its summer and there are neighbor kids to play with. He does not go out by himself though.
    DaconosMommy

Answer by DaconosMommy at 3:49 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My son is 13 and his curfew is 9 pm...and I always know where he is...I know this will change soon, but for now I try to keep a hold while he is still honest and not "sneaking"!!
    2boyz2pray4

Answer by 2boyz2pray4 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 29, 2010