Any sugestions on foods quick easy to make for teenagers?

I enjoy cooking but can use some more ideas, if anyone have something simple,quick,easy to make for teens as we all know they are picky eaters but i also want to make it healthy thank you

pyrofyterwife

Asked by pyrofyterwife at 3:53 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Gilled Cheese and you can make Grilled Peanut butter and Jelly too! I actually started teaching my teens how to cook a few years ago and they do pretty good with these two items. Some other things are pasta salad, mac and cheese in a box, grillers and sizzlers... Eggs, my kids can make omeletts, cook eggs a couple of different ways and make french toast along with pancakes. Roll ups are good too. Having different ways to create sandwiches or salads. Baked potatoes with different toppings too.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 3:59 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I would take an hour and make up a bunch of french bread pizzas and freeze them so you have them on hand. Get a few loaves of french bread, slice them length wise, toast them a bit under the broiler (so they don't get mushy with the sauce), then get some pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and whatever toppings you like. Cut them to the size you want, place them on a cookie sheet in the freezer until frozen, then package in ziplock bags, or wrap individually, whatever. When ready to eat either bake in 350 oven about 30 mins, or thaw in microwave on high 1.5 minutes and bake in 475 oven for less than 10 mins. Way cheaper than buying the name brand.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I have three boys and they can eat more food than an army! I pre-cook fried chicken and leave it in the fridge for snacking, usually lasts a couple days. I let them make tortilla pizzas. I keep tortillas on the counter and cut up veggies into seperate tupperware containers in the fridge. Grilled cheese and soup is a never fail. You can also make spaghetti and set it in separate containers int he fridge (if you make it saucy it will reheat very well). Lasagna is also a cheap, filling and stores/reheats really well. Doind a little more work at one time is ok if it makes lots of leftovers - lol. Leftover are super easy!!
    3livin4angels

Answer by 3livin4angels at 8:38 AM on Aug. 30, 2010