is it safe to drink diet pop while pregnant

i have given up my mountain dew and monster addiction and replaced it with diet cherry pepsi...is this better for my child

nandy90

Asked by nandy90 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's better than the others, no sugar and a lot less caffeine. Just do it in moderation. Like one a day or something.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• id dont like diet pop bc the aspartame, google it is a really harmful chemical of course in moderation im sure it wont hurt but id switch to diet rite it is sweetend with splenda, o cal o sug o carbs and such idk how good splenda is but its suppoe to be natural and i know it is much better than aspartame which is also addictive
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 4:00 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• If you switch to the Diet Rite, the cherry flavor is great. Hardly no difference than the diet cherry pepsi (I know, I'm addicted to both and love them both!).
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• ok i will check all of that out and it is soo hard to do it in moderation but im trying to drink lots of orange juice gatorade and chocolate milk as well
    nandy90

Comment by nandy90 (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• You should also limit you intake of it, as artificial sweeteners are in diet soda. As of right now, the Diet Rite would be a better choice as the artificial sweetener in that is Splenda, but you should still limit it. That also has no caffeine.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• There is no soda out there that is healthy. Actually, it is said that the diet sodas are actually worse than regular flavored sodas due to the artificial sweetners.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• The diet rite also has zero sodium too. In the world of sodas, it's the healthiest choice. And here, at Walmart, it's the same price as the store brand. Only at Walmart though. It's as expensive as everything else at the other stores. It's RC brand.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• well my whole problem is the caffine addiction and i also had to quit smoking so i have been a huge bitch lately lol but this semester my classes don't start that early so hopefully i can conquer that addiction too
    nandy90

Comment by nandy90 (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• you drink what you want to drink as long as its not bree or anything like that. I had coke all the time and they are happy as they can be.
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 4:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• oh ok thanks for the input i am just in over my head about this whole baby thing haha
    nandy90

Comment by nandy90 (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2010