kind of a dumb question but should take a calcium supplement when im taking

womans one a day complete? it has added calcium and vitamin D. i did a bone density test and im a -2.6 and im at risk for osteoporosis. i was told by the pharmacy student to take a calcium supplement , but now im not sure if i should be double dosing on that. if anyone know id appreciate it cause it will save me a trip to the dr to ask. (even callin my dr with this kinda stuff i get charged for an office visit, it sucks. other than that he is a good dr)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Health

• If you have been told you are at risk of osteroporosis, you can't take ENOUGH calcium. Yes. Take a seperate supplment. Preferably one with D in it as well.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 4:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I don't. I take a multi vitamin like "womens one a day complete" and a multi b complex vitamin. For some reason taking a calcium supplement can constipate some people so I look to get calcium thru regular diet.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• And limit your caffeine. :)
    karamille