what family traditions do u have or did u do as a kid?

all year round i mean ..

san78

Asked by san78 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Holidays

• Easter - we do themed baskets depending on what the kids are into (last year it was art supplies for both of them)
    July 4 - we go to hubby's best friend's house for a cookout and fire works
    Halloween - a have a party every year the week of (have since I was in grade school)
    Halloween - chili and potato soup in the crock pots so everyone can eat as they are hungry
    Thanksgiving - stuck with MIL, used to go to my great grandma's when I was little (that was way more fun! LOL)
    Christmas parade - watch the parade with my parents (if they are in town) and grandma and go back home for apple cider and hot cocoa
    Christmas eve - open one present and get special jammies
    Christmas morning - breakfast then presents (hubby's rule) so I make a breakfast casserole or french toast the night before to put in the oven and the girls get to go through their stockings while breakfast bakes
    Christmas day - stuck with MIL
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:50 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Easter: The Easter bunny always brings a book
    Halloween: We always make homemade chili
    Thanksgiving: We always bake an apple pie together
    Christmas: We open Pajamas(new Christmas PJs get wrapped and put under the tree) on Christmas eve and everything else Christmas Day.
    Birthdays: The birthday person gets to choose where we eat dinner that night and anything is game (with in reason lol)

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:00 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Easter: They always get a DVD in the basket.
    Labor Day: We go camping Up North at my friend's property.
    Halloween: We have Chili Dogs!!
    Thanksgiving: We watch the Parade before we go to dinner.
    Christmas: We put the Angel on the top of the Tree and we always go to my sister's for dinner.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I have tried to do a new family tradition for use but it does not ever work out on anything. So now we just go with the flow.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2010