Partial Placenta Previa and bleeding..

I'm 17 wks pregnant and have been told I have partial p.p. I've been spotting and sometimes experiencing some quite heavy bleeding since I was 13 wks.

Did you go to the hospital every time you started to bleed? Or did you just rest at home?

I'm not really sure what is best to do! Im anxious because I have other children and my partner will be back in work from Wednesday onwards...im scared that if i continue to have bleeds while he's not here, who will watch my daughter or pick up my elder ones from school?

If you've been in a simialr situation...did you pre-arrange an emergency contact?
I'm not bleeding at the moment thankfully, and still feeling our baby move around...but i cant help but worry!

little.knickers

Asked by little.knickers at 4:00 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I know how you feel. I spent ten weeks in the hospital during my last pregnancy due to bleeding and placenta issues. I will tell you that you need to work out an emergency contact because you never know what might happen. You also need to be resting as much as possible. Do not lift or do too much. I made the mistake of being stubborn and still trying to do everything I thought I needed to instead of getting others to help me. The reason I ended up in the hospital is because I did not take it easy enough. You really need to be taking it easy. That baby is your first priority.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 4:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• you should call your doc and see what he/she want you to do.
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I would take it easy (easier said than done I knw), and double check with doc what to do, I would assume but obviously don't knw 100% if you had spotting then they prob wont want to see u but if it became heavy then to get checked out to be on the safe side xx
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 5:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2010