Do you think that the owners of cafemom get paid?

If so how do they get paid if this is a free social networking site?
I wonder ow many people there are to monitor this site, as well.

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Advertising. All those adds on the side and top of the screen generate profit. And probably a lot of it.

Answer by karamille at 4:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• The advertisements allow the site to remain free for members.

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• advertising. You think all that advertising money goes to maintaining the site? Someone is making a buck or two. TO bad it isn't me.

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I heard about this site, because an actor, and I believe he was one of the founders was talking about it on GMA one morning. I can't recall who he was tho.

Answer by queen.bee at 4:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Advertising..

The bulk of their money is made by advertising.. Look at the major corporations that advertise on here. They pay to have their ads on cm.. The groups that are based on a specific company, and the "freebies" that are provided by specific companies.. All of those things generate revenew.

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I would imagine advertising dollars probably pay the monitors and creators of Cafemom. I imagine there is a lot of work to this site and if it was me, I would want to be paid for it also.

Answer by marchar2002 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I agree.

Answer by txdaniella at 4:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yeppers, it is paid for by advertising... which I haven't seen in a year because I have AdBlock Plus so I don't see any of it.  It is probably an advertisers paradise...all these MOMs... the main shoppers in every household... please, they are probably knocking down the doors over at Headquarters.

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2010