Well, Finally getting the big "D", and trying to figure things out.

I feel like I'm pretty much over him, rather quickly. We went ahead, after splitting up for over 6 months, and tried marriage councelling, thought things were going rather well, no fighting, he was being so nice, then he got mean, then he went to live w/ his mom, and said that he had thoughts of hurting us. Then calls me out of the blue, saying he wants a divorce. I was fine. I cried a little bit, but I was also on my period. I'm off of it now, and I feel happier, and not so stressed. Why am I not crying my eyes out? I use to be so depressed from when he did this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe because you've been split up so long. 6 months is a huge amount of time when you have little ones.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 4:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Maybe you accepted that the marriage is over.. and subconsciously you are ready to move on with your life and become happy again.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I think it is because you finally realized you are better off with out him.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Because as you said your pretty much over him.... Its going to hurt some, but it sounds like your ready to move on already.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 4:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Because you are relieved. My aunt said when her husband of 35 years got on a plane and left, she felt like a weigh had been lifted off of her. The on again/off again stuff was over and she no longer had to fear he would snap and hurt her.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 4:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• When my ex and I split, I cried more over the lost dreams then him. I think the other women are 100% right. You're just mentally and emotionally over him. That's not a bad thing. It just means one door is closing and another is opening.
    van5

Answer by van5 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I think so. I feel like, this pressure I've had on me is gone, and I want to do something about my life, that I didn't have the chance to do when I was with him. I'm super excited about hanging out w/ my friends, and this one guy I work with has been super nice to me, and we talk more than what we did when I was w/ my soon-to-be-ex, cause I didn't want him to get the wrong impression, and he is very sweet, and I asked him, if he was single, and I'm ready, would he want to go out on a date, and I didn't expect a positive answer, but he said sure. When we did talk before this, it was about music, and movies, but this time we talk more about what we're into and such.lol I don't know, I just feel happy. I haven't been this happy in a long time.
    Momma_Neko

Answer by Momma_Neko at 4:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• good luck and continue to be strong for you and the kids
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 9:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• If you are pretty much over him then you should be happy. I know what you are going thru and it will get better
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 29, 2010