How Many Pairs of Shoes Does your Teen Have?

My boys have eight which include dress, school and athletic shoes.

They are going to get two more pair for school. Is that too many?

AdrianaS

Asked by AdrianaS at 4:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• My son has a pair of winter boots, brown and black dress shoes, brown work boots, basketball shoes, a pair of worn out tennis shoes that are his favorite. Oh and lets not forget the manly flip flops and then some other type of slip on sport flip flop things. I didn't realize he had so many pairs of shoes. I forgot about the track spikes. Well that makes it 9 pairs of shoes!

I don't think I even know how many pairs of shoes my daughter has and I don't think I am going to attempt counting them!! LOL
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I would think so. I never heard of a boy having so many shoe! It's usually the girls that need a pair for each outfit they own.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My seven yr old granddaughter has 2 pr of sneakers, 1 pink glitter converse,1 pr dress shoes, 2 pr mary janes, blue, black and brown.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• oops, forgot her snadals, crocs and flip flopsd..lol
    GrnEyedGrandma

• I've never heard of a boy having 8 pairs of shoes. I knew my Dh in high school, he had two dress shoes (one pair were uncomfy and he wouldn't wear them), one pair of boots, one pair of sneakers, and one pair of skater shoes, which he wore all the time, and one pair of sandals. I guess that's six, but he only had 5 that he would wear.
    Mom2unangel

Answer by Mom2unangel at 4:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• We each only have one pair of shoes.... My husband has more than one because he has work boots. Each of us have a pair of athletic shoes.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:25 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Oh, wow, last time we counted she had 27 pairs but I know she's bought at least 5 more since we moved so it's safe to say she has less than 50.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My 13 yr son has 3 pari - skate shoes, pe shoes, flip flops.... he hates shoe shopping
    My 15 yr old daughter - too many to count... about 6+ pair sandles, 3/4 pair uggs, 3/4 pair heels, 2 pair cleats, 1 pair pe shoes.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:01 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yes.
    I think teens should get athletic shoes, a pair of sandals/ flip flops, and a pair of dress shoes. After that they should buy any extras for themselves because they are unneccessary. You dont want to spoil them with 10 pairs of shoes each and have to deal with so many shoes being around. They dont need that many. I am 17 and I am in school...I have 3 pairs of shoes. If you live somewhere that gets snow they will also need boots.

If they need new shoes that means there is something wrong with the old ones, so get rid of those.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 8:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2010