Did you have any traditions in your family for Labor day as a child? Also, what are your plans for Labor Day?

As a child, we would always do fall cleaning on Labor Day. My mom told me that we do labor on labor day, no matter how many times I told her it was suppose to be a day to rest and NOT do labor. This Labor Day, we are going to the Panama City Beach with my parents, and my sisters. I am glad my mom finally got the memo about Labor Day!

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 4:20 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Holidays

• My plans for labor day....hm...for someone to say "Happy Labor day!" and for me to say "Oh, its Labor day?" lol.
    sheenathefat

Answer by sheenathefat at 4:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• No... no traditions growing up. Back then it was the last weekend before school started so we always did school shopping. This year we are putting a new roof on our house. Expensive, hard work, and not fun. :P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 4:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I'm glad you're finally resting on this holiday lol!

We didn't have any special traditions growing up.

This weekend we are doing a weenie roast at my parents' farm with some friends from out of town - I can't wait! :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 4:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• No traditions, sometimes we get stuck going to MIL's house if she remembers that it's a holiday. I love the idea of fall cleaning, though! This year we will probably be working on the house, hubby has the day off.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:30 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• We always wound up doing some huge family project. One year we put in a sidewalk. Another year we built a patio. It was always something like that
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• We always met family and friends at the park for a day of relaxation, recreation and FOOD! lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 5:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• no plans
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:24 AM on Sep. 4, 2010