How Heavy Is Your Child's Backpack?

My sons weighed their and they weighed 22 and 24 pounds!

That includes all school books and supplies

AdrianaS

Asked by AdrianaS at 4:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Little man's is light. It only has markers, crayons, one pencil box, & thats it. Its bigger then he is. But pretty light. Its his first year of school
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 4:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• geese i dont have a teen but her school bag is not heavy they only carry 1 folder
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 4:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I can only imagine if my kids hauled around all the books we use at home. They do pack bags with library books and a a couple of subjects worth of work sometimes, but they never weigh that much.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Mine in HS weighed about that, but I took all my books home just for fun (total nerd here!).
    My daughter is only 5, so hers is pretty light. It's lighter than the puppy, and Poofy only weighs about 5 pounds. That's on a Monday or Friday with her folder of papers and her towel in it. Any other day of the week, it only has a change of clothes in it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• No too heavy.

They have a set of books to keep at home and a set of books at school. So the only thing the kids carry back and forth are binders and pencils.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:05 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• This is a major issue for my 13 yr old. He is in junior high and they don't have lockers. His backpack is literally over flowing and busting zippers. It weighs well over 25 pounds. I even bought the expensive $60 Ful brand and it still split at the zipper seam. Thank goodness he doesn't have to walk to school.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2010