How Far Do Your Kids Walk to High School?

Mine walk about 1.5 miles

AdrianaS

Asked by AdrianaS at 4:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I take mine. I think it's about the same as you.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Nearly 2 miles.. When he walked. Otherwise he took public transportation
    ( this was when he was in Jr High/High School)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It's about 3 miles to the HS so I drove my daughter when she went.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• We are 1.5 from school, but I drive them. It isn't safe for them to take their bikes because the school doesn't have enough bike rakes and theft runs rampant.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• they dont walk... too far and a freeway is involved.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:57 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It's a very short walk to the schools here...2 blocks to the high school and 2 blocks to the elem. school in the other directions. My older 2 walked to school until they had friends who drove and picked them up and my younger 2 walked until their Junior year when they started driving & then they would pick up friends and drive to school (some lived in the city a few miles away).
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My husband drives our daughter to high school, it is 11 miles to the school and our high school buses have major issues. My son also gets taken to middle school as it is 14 miles away.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• They don't. And never will... That's what the bus is for! It's 6 miles to the highschool, and if they don't want to take the bus I'm sure they will have friends that drive or they will by that time.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• The boys walk about a half mile to the school. Our town is like a mile wide by a mile long...so nothing is that far away.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Mine don't walk to school. We live in a different school district than the one they attend so I drive them. Which is okay because I work for the school district that they attend.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2010