How much will I be getting??

I applied for my fsfsa for school and it said my efc was $1888 what does this mean?? HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Money & Work

• They calculate the total cost to attend, subtract your EFC, and what's leftover you can potentially get in terms of Pell Grant, grants offered by the school you're attending, unsubsidized, and subsidized loans. You get to pick how much you want loaned to you.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• the EFC is what they are going to assume you can afford to your tuition. They will usually figure out your tuition for the whole year and subtract your EFC and pay the rest.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• So what if you efc is more than the class??
    Anonymous

• You wouldn't ever pay for more than a class costs. Are you planning on going full or part time? Or is it a certification course (like your CENA or something)? If I'm remembering right, on your form you fill out whether you want to go full time or part time, and I think that amount is what they figure you can pay over the entire year.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• 1888 means you'll be getting 944 a semister..FAFSA divides your tuition....my son recieved 1700 which means he recieved 850 for one semester and 850 for the second...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I take online classes and they explained to me that your EFC is what cost you will have to cover after loans have paid your tuition.
    olleyblu28

Answer by olleyblu28 at 1:20 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• EFC is the cost that you are expected to contribute. It doesn't mean you have to. You're student loans might cover everything- and it sounds to me like they will since $1888 is a pretty low number.
    EricaAbbott

Answer by EricaAbbott at 8:27 AM on Oct. 12, 2008