Hurting after sex

i am 35 weeks pregnantand just had sex and i am hurting down there really bad i have never hurt like this before and it wasnt rough sex. what could it be

mom-to-be21

Asked by mom-to-be21 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• hurting like cramps or hurting like it stretched out too much
    could be contractions from the seman
    i wouldnt worry too much unless it lasts for more than 10 min
    call the doc otherwise
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:37 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Sex causes contractions.

My midwife told me: "If your child is a little late and you want to give birth, then try a hot bath, sex or a hot bath with sex!.. it will probably give you contractions!"...

If the pain is getting too bad, then you should call your midwife or doctor of course.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:42 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• its not contractions it like i was rub raw down there and i burn
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Maybe you were not "wet" enough when you guys had sex. I'm not sure. Try to take a shower. Dont use hot water. Try to wash yourself with warm or even cold water (because of the burning you have). If you can, then just lay down after the shower and relax, and if its possible, then dont wear any panties, just some wide pants or anything thats not tight. You are probably very sensitive down there now.

I hope it will help. If it gets worse you need to go see a doctor of course.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I feel the same way after sex. Like burning and pressure? Just an overall ache in the vagina? It's weird.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 9:59 AM on Oct. 12, 2008