Weird Question about Muslims and Impalement...

I'm watching a special about Vampires, one of the aspects they talked about what the acts of Vlad (Dracula) Tepes. One of this historians they interview mentions that impalement is "the ultimate insult" for Muslims...

Now, of all the ways to die, this is the last way I want to go! But my question is WHY is it such an extra insult for Muslims over the average person?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 4:43 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I can only think of : desecration of the body.
    I think that would be an insult to most anyone..

But for Muslims. The body of the deceased is supposed to be cleaned, prepped, blessed , buried...etc.. All within 24 hours of death traditionally.. So that maybe why it was such a huge insult.

Do I know that for fact.. Nope.. Just my best guess. :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:52 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• That would make sense... I just couldn't figure out why it would be any more of an insult to them than others... I mean, it's a horrid way to die regardless of who you pray to! It takes hours, even days and most of the time you're awake... I don't care who you pray to, that's just beyond terrible! Which is why I couldn't wrap my head around any meaning for that statement... But what you're saying makes sense... Maybe that's what he meant.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I don't know. I believe the ultimate dishonor for a Muslim might be for their women to be lusted after by other men, which is why hard core muslims (well afghanistan clamims they hold the true secrets of Islam) cover their women in SO many ways.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 4:57 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I'm not sure. I would think burning the dead would be the biggest insult. We aren't supposed to cremate anyone.
    NoGoodName4Me

Answer by NoGoodName4Me at 5:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

-------------------------------------------------

Interesting. That is exactly how I wish for my body to be disposed of. I find it *the* most respectful way to do so.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:40 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i am muslim.. what the heck is impalement?
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 6:35 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• "I don't know. I believe the ultimate dishonor for a Muslim might be for their women to be lusted after by other men, which is why hard core muslims (well afghanistan clamims they hold the true secrets of Islam) cover their women in SO many ways. "

WHAT?????????
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 6:37 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Aasiyah - Impalement is when someone is impaled by a stake and left hanging that way... It's a long painful horrid way to die. People can stay alive and conscious for nearly the entire time and it can take between hours and days to die...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2010