Is it biblicly wrong for marrying someone who is divorced?

My DH was married before to a woman who he divorced because she cheated on him several times. The whole last year of their marrige. While he did not wan to divorce her at the time she left him and was going to get married to another man so he had no choice but to sign the papers. But I had found the Bibleverse about not laying down with someone who was divorced because then you eould be guilty of an affair. Does this apply to people who get divorces because of sheating. So worried since I try so hard to follow God and Jesus.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not religious, thats why I will tell you this:

If you need to follow a "book" for an answer that your heart should give you, then you dont love him.

Your heart will give you the answer you want. A book (bible) or god (who doesnt exist in MY OPINION) does not give you your answer.

If you love this man, and he loves you... and you are both sure you want to spend the rest of your life together. Then please do it.

I respect and kind of understand your religion. But you should listen to your heart.

Wish you good luck.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Don't marry him. He's been through enough. He doesn't need a wife who will judge him because someone he once loved hurt him.
    Anonymous

• No. It's not wrong. In the Bible, can't quote the scripture, it speaks of a paper of divorce being given due to infidelity, and resulting in no future adultery.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 6:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Actully I believe in the bible it says another man shall not marry andivorced person unless the reason the divored was infidelity so if you are trying to stick with the bible that you are fine to Marry him.....Pray about it ....if god wants him to be with you it will happen....God bless :)
    Anonymous

• Matthew 19:3-9: Adultery the only valid grounds for divorce
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 6:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Hmm, I dont think that God would want you to suffer or him for that matter. We are all his creation and he wants the best for us. Follow your heart.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 7:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• "Matthew 19:3-9: Adultery the only valid grounds for divorce" Guess this is why a very religious "friend" of mine made me feel so bad and that it was my fault on the day my first husband informed me he had met someone (an man, none the less!) and was leaving me.

You're already married to him...why is this coming up NOW? Shouldn't this have been an issue way before marriage?
    Anonymous

• THAT JUST IM SORRY STUPID TO THINK YOU HSOULDNT HAD MARRIED HIM BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN DIVORCED IF THATS THE CASE THEN THE ONLY PERSON YOU PROBABLY WOULD HAD HAD A CHANCE WITH WOULD HAD BEEN A JUST OUTTA HIGH SCHOOL GUY
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:23 AM on Oct. 11, 2008