scared to death

this maybe my second child but i am scared as hell, with my first i had an epidual and this one i can't cause they dont offer them at this hospital, and my 1st was a big baby and i almost had a c section, i really dont want one, and i am thinking this one will be big too.... i want to go to lamaze and other pregnancy classes because i didnt b4.. and i dont know how to tell my DH and Family i am so scared to have another baby!

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 6:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I've given birth three times. I only received pain relief with one.

Trust me, I wanted it with all three. LOL

Anyway, if this is the only hospital you can choose, do they offer an IV with drugs in it? They did that with my second child. I progressed so fast there was no time for the epidural.

I don't know what was in that IV and it didn't take all the pain away but it was my most comfortable out of the three labors. It really helped A LOT.
    Anonymous

• go to a different hospital i had a choice between two hospitals.
    I don't think they can deny you pain relief.
    Anonymous

• I agree, I've never ever heard of a hospital not offering pain relief. If it's an option, find a different hospital. I know how you feel about being scared of childbirth, I'm 4 weeks away with my 2nd and am also scared...again. Talk to your doctor and tell him/her your concerns. You have a right to be comfortable and deliver your child the way that you want!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 6:46 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Erm excuse me.. but in what country are you living that they wont have pain relivers for you? sounds like 3rd world country.

Sorry, im not trying to be mean, specially not to you. But that seems like a really shitty hospital. Go choose a different one please. If you are in pain and you need medicine then you better have the right to get some pain relievers.

Other than that, i dont think it doesnt matter how many kids you had before - a woman is probably always scared, with every pregnancy/birth. I only have one child, but I was scared to death too. Why are you scared to tell your DH and family about it? I think it would be better if they know about your fear.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• they just dont do the epidual!!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Which makes this hospital a shitty hospital and they are obviously not good enough for a woman who wants to give birth.

its your decision. But if you are afraid of the pain (which i totally understand), then you better go to a hospital that will offer you the epidural or you have to deal with the pain. :((

I dont know why a hospital would not do an epidural. what about c-sections with epi. they dont do that either?! :-/ strange hospital. i wouldnt go there at all. my midwife and OB would never recommend a hospital like that.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• google hypnobabies it will help you(just got mine in the mail!), lamaze is worthless in my opinion. Read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin. You don't need an epidural, you can do this!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• the other thing that can help is make sure your walking alot its supposed to help make the labor easier
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Im scared too but i do have to have ANOTHER c-section,

With my 2nd..since the first they THOUGHT was big and she was only 7 lbs >=/
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• go watch this hypnobabies vidio clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA7Y_DnC_kA
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2008