why on earth do i let this bother me? I feel like a teenager!

My DH's ex is mutual friends with ALL of DH's & I's friends. She's DH's, best friend's WIFE'S best friend. Does that make sense? Anyhow, They were friends for a few years before they dated. He tried to move out there with her in Cali, didn't work out. He learned he was not in love whith her & broke it off. He totally broke her heart, but "promised" he'd always stay friends with her. OK, fast forward 8 years! Dh & i are married. She wants to be friends with DH still & act like they never tried at a relationship. She also sent him an email when we engaged telling him how bummed she was that their chapter was really over (bitch, i wanted to slap her...that shit was over years ago!). She tells all of our friends that she likes me, yet she totally gives me the cold shoulder. She is having a HUGE party, invited all of our couple friends, except me. She invites my DH, but not me. I wish she'd just tell me she don't like me...cont...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• The only way to deal is to suck it up and be the bigger person. She has more of a history with these people than you... but remember HE CHOSE YOU. Just be the bigger person, never mention your feelings to ANY of them. Smile and be polite.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Go to the party anyway, with your husband, and be allllll over him. Mwahahahaaaa... (That was an evil laugh if you were wondering...)

But let your DH in on it. He might have fun with it too. :)
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• um yeah, that's pretty inappropriate of her... I would ask your husband to say something to her
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 5:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Sounds like someone you need to cut out of your life. Maybe it's time for your husband to start making some new friends that you can both be friends with.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• But no, I wouldn't like her either. I wouldn't even try to like her.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Did she specifically say.... "you're wife is not invited" to your husband? If someone invites me or hubby to something, its an implied couples invite.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• U SHOULD ASK UR DH IF HE WANTS U TO BE FRIENDS WITH ONE OF UR EX'S. MORE THAN LIKELY HE WOULDNT LIKE IT SO I THINK HE NEEDS TO STOP BEEING HER FRIEND AND YOU ALL TWO SHOULD MAKE DIFF FRIENDS TOGETHER FROM HERE IN OUT. AND ONE THING YOU SHOULDNT DO IS GO TO THE PARTY ESPECIALLY IF ITS TO RUB THINGS IN. LIKE U SAID UR NOT A TEEN SO DO THE ADULT THING AND WALK AWAY. U AND UR HUBBY.
    GUDMOMMY86

Answer by GUDMOMMY86 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Definitely be the bigger person, but I would have DH tell her that her actions are not acceptable. He is with you now, and if she wants him to come to parties, she better make sure she welcomes you with open arms as well. This is your DH's responsibility, not yours.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• WOW- you are in a Hard Spot b/c of everyone being friends with eachother, but if she is only in town 1-2 times a year; i would just skip out on whatever they are doing- She is rude & disrespectful and sounds like she doesn't have all of her marbles! Anyway, i would not even pretend to like her & your husband needs to step- up & tell her to stop trying to cause issues between everyone- Good Luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 5:44 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I'd just go and pretend you didn 't notice your name wasn't on the e/mail, I'd make sure I was around your S/O and plant a kiss or 2 on his cheek now and then, and make sure you are always smiling and laughing when she's around. I think you at least need to talk w/S/O and let him know how she makes you feel. I had a wife that did the same and I just hated her, but was S/O best friend's wife, a real pain in the ass. I let my S/O know how I felt, and if she said something I didn't like I answered her rgt back. But just remember, HE MARRIED YOU, most likely she is JEALOUS OF YOU. So go, have a good time w your S/o and make her even more jealous.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2010