Would you save your family just because of child...

...my child loves his father very much, but sometimes I think I should leave him because of so much reasons.Should I save my family just for father-son relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• personally, i would do everything I could to try and stay together
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 5:18 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Me personalloy......No, I would not.

A family is a "family".. because it's working, cohesive, happy, healthy group of people working together,living together in happiness/harmony... And striving together.. Facing life together.. While being mutually loving, supportive..etc..

A disfunctional, unhappy family (for whatever reasons) is not and can not do those things.

If the marriage can be worked on and worked out so that the above things are happening. Then the marriage is worth saving for creating that working family unit.. If the marriage is not worth saving, or if it can't be saved ( for whatever reasons) then in the long run it's more detrimental to the children in the marriage.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• thats pretty vague. You wanna leave because your DH and DS get along really good?
    Wow men can't win. Bad Dad = I'm outta here. Good Daddy = I might leave. Wow
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Depends on why u want to leave...if its because hes a cheater, liar and such then I would leave and try to keep it as civilized as possible..if its other reasons..no i would try to work things out..regardless of the child.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 5:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I don't think I can add to what pixie said.
    You are really vague. You didn't give any reasons as to why you want to leave. But, we don't really need to know them, I guess. If the marriage isn't working, and working on it isn't working, then it's just not worth it to stay. That causes more damage in the end.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• no you should actually try and to save the marriage FOR the marriage. if ther are issue seek marriage counceling
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:20 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• If you are unhappy then your child will pick up on it! The couple across the street are going though some really bad stuff for the last year and their son is really acting out because of it but they can't see it.

I would rather be happy so that I can be the kind of parent that my kid deserves than to stay and be unhappy and too distracted to be a good parent. Just because you aren't together doesn't mean that they can't have the father-son relationship.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• If you both have tried and it's not working I'd then say no. Why have your son grow up in a house where there is no love between his parents. If and I don't know, you fight a lot it's not good for him either. His Dad would get visitation rights, and both of you would probably raise him better if you were happy. No, after all is said and done, you now have to think of the welfare of your son also. Sorry for your pain, and such a hard decision.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• If you cant do anything else to try to save your marriage then I would just end it with him. Your son and his dad can still have a strong bond regardless of what happens
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 8:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• why do you want to divorce him? if he is not abusive, a drug addict, or criminal, yes i would do everything to save my marriage. you can get the sparks back and fix the problems if you both wanted to

3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 9:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2010