Restoring morals and honor? Or a mass poor attempt conversion? The truth behind the guise.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41548.html

http://www.mediaite.com/online/glenn-beck-addresses-cpac-gop-yet-to-admit-they-have-a-problem/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/28/post_497_n_698048.html

So is he a self proclaimed preacher now? I'm confused because that is all the were dong. This is not a Christian nation! So how does preaching restore honor, or bring High Morals to all! As you can see this was just another publicity stunt. This was a desperate act of a desperate man. He lost viewers and sponsors and now is trying to redeem him self. A well known racist claims he wants unity, Yeah right from who? Only those he deems worthy reminds me of a few people and none of them are who is disgracing here.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Publicity stunt and a way to suck more money out of his deer in the headlight followers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Scrutinize for a moment what sources you have used for your information - well-known for lack of integrity (that means they don't care about the truthfulness of what they say).

"So is he a self proclaimed preacher now? I'm confused because that is all the were doing." (By your reasoning, anyone who says a single syllable about non-commercial ideals is preaching - some of us really see these ideas as central to our political disagreements. With a few minutes of contemplation you'd realize it, too.)

"This is not a Christian nation !" People keep twisting the meaning of that: our laws and our societal customs ARE indeed Christian. Our identification of "this is right, that is wrong" ARE based on principles which also happen to be in the Bible.

They are not right or wrong BECAUSE the Bible says so. These values lead to happiness, success, community health & prosperity. The right/wrong are REAL. Christianity encourages them.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• " He lost viewers and sponsors and now is trying to redeem him self."
    I cannot account for such a bizarrely false statement. Perhaps your information is coming from sources who dismiss facts and adhere to the wishful thinking among their own narrow-minded circles?? Oh, that's right: politico & huffington post - 'nough said.

His TV and radio shows are 2nd and 3rd in the nation, so Beck is not hurting in the ratings and has no need to try to redeem himself to his ever-expanding audience.

"A well known racist claims he wants unity, "
    "well-known racist" - says who? Those so-truthful writers referenced above? How do we square this claim with the MANY black conservatives friendly with Beck? Are they ALL to be labelled racist, too?

Perhaps there is a specialized definition of "racist" at work here, (similar to the specialized definition of feminist current among liberal writers). "Racist" is anyone who is not a progressive ?
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• "As you can see this was just another publicity stunt. This was a desperate act of a desperate man."

Perhaps your sources failed to impress upon their readers that this was a FUNDRAISER. The money was raised for the group which takes care of the personal, emotional and financial needs of the families left behind by our Special Forces men who have given their lives doing their duty. So ... how is a fundraiser to be criticized for creating PUBLICITY ?! That's kinda the first responsibility of a fundraiser, isn't it?
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• This isnt really a question is it? You know, there is a Journal section for political rants :) But hey...I'll play. No one SAID these traits were EXCLUSIVE to Christians just that HE chooses to use Christian because thats what he ISA. Not ALL Christians hate gays and people of other religions. So unless you also operate under the assumption that all Muslims are terrorists yall should REALLY stop lumping ALL Christians together. What EXACTLY is he trying to convert them too. MORE accountability in govt?? Woooooooo EVIL. LESS spending? OMG SHOOT the man!! Taking away some of the MASS power accumulated by those in power in Washington?? Holy CRAP he is SATAN (or whatever form you see evil)!! ALL those [people there (or here) didnt agree with everything he says. You are ASSuming they did. MAYBE they just agree with the heart of what he is saying. THEY work for US and its TIME they SEE that!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Funny how one man can get so many pairs of panties in a twist!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Explain to me how people gathering, honoring the military, honoring people who have gone above and beyond the call in their communities, and reminding us that we aren't the horrible nation we are told we are is a bad thing? How is being remined that honesty, integrity, and hard work are honorable is dangerous. Why does it bother you so much? Get one of the liberal media guys to do this too, if you can. But really, there is nothing wrong with what we did. Beck had ministers, preachers, rabbis, priests, and other religious leaders from all denominations. I would rather hear a man speak from his experience and heart than a theology trained minister at events like this. Yes, revivals are events like this. You can find all the left bashing articles and sites you want. They bash because they know it was a good day. It is a horrible thing to them.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• So is he a self proclaimed preacher now?

***

He's not the ONLY one!! LOL

If Beck is such a horrible speaker, then perhaps YOU could enlighten us with some of YOUR award-winning pieces?! I'll wait.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Not true the fundie Christian sees atheists, gays, pagans, etc. as less. So again no!!!
    _______________________________________

I take offense to this. I don't see anyone as less. On the contrary, Christ loves everyone the same.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:43 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• This is all a joke right? I'll say it once because it's not worth arguing with idiots. The Beck event was great, Americans came out in droves to be with those in common, those who want to have faith that America will return to her roots. It was a huge fundraiser. Millions to go to children of slain servicemen and women so they can go to college.This event was nothing you say it was. It had nothing to do with Glen selling books or giving face time. i I don't care what the lame street media says or the radicals. I thought I heard the maximum amount of hate ever when the left were bashing Palin and her family. Guess I was wrong because the hate spewing from some of u now is disgustingly over the top. Lies and hate. I know I shouldn't be surprised It does seem there is no changing a hater. Of course I'm laughing inside as the left in general continue to show their true colors. Keep it up. Everyone should see it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:20 PM on Aug. 29, 2010