Find out gender tomorrow and paranoid!

I"ll be 19 weeks tomorrow and also have my ultrasound to find out the sex! Being pregnant with my first child I've realized I get super paranoid.. I hear all these horror stories about missed miscarriages and it scares me. I heard the heartbeat at 15 weeks and it was in the 130's. I know I'm probably just scaring myself for nothing.. but I just keep thinking... "I hope the baby didn't die and i didn't know it..." It sucks feeling this way.. I haven't felt movement yet either so that doesn't help! Just wondering if Missed Miscarriages are common after 15 weeks?

miranda_nichols

Asked by miranda_nichols at 5:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm not really sure how common those are, but I wouldn't stress not having felt movement yet. chances are you have, you just didn't recognize it. when I first felt dd bump, it scared the crap out of me lol. and with this baby, I noticed him moving much, much earlier, but that's because I knew what to look for. if you've had any butterfly feelings lately, that's probably what it was. it can be hard to tell the difference between the baby and stomach rumblings at first :) but the baby moving usually made me feel a bit sick for a few minutes. I don't think I felt dd move until 20 weeks or a bit later.
    I know what you mean about being paranoid, though, I'm a lot like that. that was one of my biggest fears both times. I'm sure things are fine, and it's super common to be nervous before an ultrasound. I was freaking out this time around and didn't want to go at all lol.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 5:50 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Everything will be ok. Think good thoughts!!
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 5:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Most women are nervous and worried through their entire pregnancy. It is completely normal to have these feelings. That was the major thing that I hated about being pregnant, I made myself sick with worry over every single thing. I would tell you not to worry, but that would be fruitless, lol... I'm quite sure everything will turn out just fine:) And sorry, I don't know anything about missed miscarriages.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:48 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Youre going to be fine and its perfectly natural to worry a bit especially for your first child. Congrats...
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 5:49 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I think your Anxiety is just getting the Best of you right now- I am sure everything is Fine- If you were having a Miscarriage or anything else was wrong with your baby you would have some kind of signs; you would know that something just wasn't right- Try to Calm down & Take it Easy! Wishing you lots of luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 5:52 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Usually at 15 weeks some women experience "flutters" which means there is some movement by the the baby. As far as finding out the gender of the baby, that's the fun part of pregnancy. It helps you plan for a boy or a girl. If people want to give you clothes it makes it a whole lot easier.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:57 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Everyone worries. Its normal. Dont fret. The baby will be fine. Good luck.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 6:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• lol, i thought that right before each appt. Don't stress (i know ur gonna, but gotta say it anyways!). Baby's probably fine! Just remember with each appt. your chances of having a miscarriage is lessened!
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2010