Freaking out.. Getting 2nd 3rd and 4th kid instead of just second..

Ok so I'm expecting triplets. I was going for second and last child and istead I'm getting 3 kids!! I can't support 4 kids financially and our house is not big enough for 6 people!! I have a 4yo already..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that was me 19 months ago...instead of just #2 it was #2 AND #3! All I can say is that you make it work....you find a way. Start planning now....stocking up on diapers and wipes this WHOLE TIME BEFORE you have the babies. Stock up on formula NOW if that's the route you want to take...or at least putting money back on walmart gift cards so later on you have a little savings for formula or whatever you may need. Start going to yard sales and picking up crib sheets and onsies....you can never have enough of those.
    Not to say it will happen, but more than likely they'll be in the hospital for a while before coming home. Plan who will be taking care of your DD while you and/or your hubby is at the hospital with them.
    Start getting creative with space. My twins had to be in one SMALL room because we lived in an apartment.
    If you need to talk PM if you'd like....Congrats!!!
    Oh...and get in touch NOW with moms of multiiples
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 5:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Congrats! That's got to be a lot to digest. You'll find a way to make this work, financially, emotionally and physically. There are going to be days when you'll want to tear your hair out and scream, and other days when you will smile with all the love only a mother can feel. (I have 4 kids 8,5,4,3, and was a nanny to my brothers twins =)) My only advice that I can think of is, to get a game plan before hand. Schedules, and that sort of thing. Good luck to you! That is so precious.
    berrysweetmamma

Answer by berrysweetmamma at 6:01 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Congrats! You can do this, it is a blessing! Don't worry, most moms can easily produce enough breastmilk for triplets. That will cost you next to nothing.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• How wonderful!!! I'm sure if I were in your shoes, I would still be sitting in the ultras sound tech's office looking like a deer in the head lights! I have always wanted twins. My SO is a twin, his twin has twin boys, their father is a twin. My mother was preg with twins but lost one of my bro's at the time before he was born. I think it's exciting and life finds a way to make you manage just fine :)
    trijobaby

Answer by trijobaby at 7:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Congratulations on the additions to your family. The first poster I think gives wonderful advice. I think trying to stock up on as much as you can before the babies are born if possible may help. I too don't know how I would be able to take that in. It is a lot. I wish you and your family all the best.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:44 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Congrats on the Triplets. I would try not to get too overwhelmed, though I am sure that is hard to do. Just remember that God chose to give you three precious babies because he knows that you can handle them. I would try to stock up on things as much as possible, inlist family for help,putting money on giftcards or in a piggy bank for the babies is a great idea. Then you already have some savings for them. Talk to your family and see if someone will organize you a shower. I know this is not your first baby but I think everyone would agree that you deserve a shower this time. That would give people the opportunity to buy the babies things and it would really help you out. Best of Luck Sweetie.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 8:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2010