a nurse coming for an in-home visit...

if you were given the opportunity to have an RN come and visit you in your home while you are pregnant (for free) would you sign up for it? what would you ask her?
For any army mom's out there- ACS offers this through the New parent support program

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 5:51 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my point is....sometimes they can be extremely helpful.

I didn't have one come to my house but my insurance does have a "Baby Yourself" program that sends you lots of goodies (milk storage bags, insulated cooler bag, baby blanket, etc.) and informative information on breastfeeding, pregnancy, childhood illnesses, etc.

Then I had a nurse assigned to me that would call one time a month until 7 month and then every 2 weeks after that until I started having issues with my blood pressure....then she called me twice a week.

She would talk to me about what was going on in my pregnancy at that time, about nutrition, if I was having any discomforts and natural ways of helping them at home, at the end she would have me report my latest BP reading, tell if I was having head aces, etc.

Then she called me for 6 weeks postpartum. It was REALLY nice to have someone there that I could call anytime if I needed to.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 7:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I had this when I was on bed rest. It was actually kinda nice.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Nah...I don't think it is necessary. Now if I had something to be concerned about, then maybe, but I can handle my pregnant self just fine. I don't really like people getting all up in my business anyway! lol
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 6:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Maybe. My issurance pays for an in-home nurse if you have to be placed on bedrest for an extended period of time. A friend of mine who's husband works at the same company as my husband (so therefore we have the same insurance) had to go on bedrest for over a month. She was at an EXTREMELY high risk of delivering preterm do to an extreme version on an incompatent cervix that they couldn't fix with a cerclage.

The nurse came in everyday from 8-2. She would help bath her (since she wasn't allowed to stand in the shower), get her vitamins to her, make her snacks and lunch, make sure she got enough liquids, help her pee, do some leg exercises with her to prevent blood clots, and provide prenatal, birth, and newborn health information in the form of one on one classes.

My friend's DH came home at 3:30 so she didn't have to be by herself for very long.

Her obviously was WAY more extensive than what your decribing but
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 7:48 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yes, I think it would be great if we had someone we could call to have them come out when were having issues so that we didnt have to get out and go to the hospital if it was nothing.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 7:58 PM on Aug. 29, 2010