What is a body bug???

anikahaynes1

Asked by anikahaynes1 at 6:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I have one and I love it! I've been using it since December and I've lost over 50 lbs. It has made me accountable to myself since I know that I am going to be updating it daily as well as inputting my caloric intake. I weigh out all of my food and feel guilty when I sit for very long. I won't make my burn today, but I just changed my plan to maintenance about 2 minutes ago. It has been invaluable to myself and to DH. He has lost over 70 lbs since December.
    They are so worth the $200. I wear mine all the time unless I'm the shower or a pool.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I don't know, but I just got the "willies" thinking about it. lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• A Body Bug or bodybugg is a 24 hour Fitness biometric calorie management system. It has four sensors which collect data from one’s body and arranges it as per the age, weight and gender.
    Bodybugg is an excellent way to lose weight, the healthy way.

It utilizes a patented process for interpreting calorie burn called "sensor fusion" developed by BodyMedia, Inc. This process involves collecting a range of body-data using multiple physiological sensors instead of a single sensor, which is what other calorie estimation devices such as pedometers and heart rate monitors rely on.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 6:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• lmao!! I know what you are talking about now, I see them all the time at 24 Hour Fitness. I'm interested in them as well, aren't they suppose to keep track of how many calories your body burns throughout the day?
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• LMAO @ shanlaree
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 6:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• LOL no its not a body bug in the traditional sense, it is something that you wear that looks like an ipod to me, but i have no clue what it is. so maybe someone who has one can answer.
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Thanks for the info? Has anyone used one? I have a polar heart rate monitor so I dont know if itd be worth it.
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Sounds more like the flu to me...a fitness monitor that is cool!
    bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 6:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:02 AM on Aug. 30, 2010